Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Creative Scrapbooker Cards!

Hello everyone! I am excited to share today my first time being published! Woo hoo! Way back in the beginning of the year, I submitted cards to Creative Scrapbooker magazine for their summer issue. I was notified that they picked my cards and they were recently published in the summer magazine. I had meant to post about these weeks ago but time got away as usual.



My cards featured the Lift Me Up bundle. Luckily, this stamp set and framelits are still available so you can make these cards too. The DSP is retired on the cards but you can easily use one of the great DSPs we have or even stamp the backgrounds with the Diagonal stamp. The DSP I used was from A Little Foxy DSP stack, in case any of you still have some that you hoarded. J


I started with a piece of watercolor paper where I just scribbled the watercolor pencils on it. At first, it does not look pretty but once you wet it with your Aqua painter that is when the magic happens. You get this pretty water colored background. How simple is that?? I love how great these pencils work for watercolor backgrounds. Now we just need more colors!!



I then die cut the large hot air balloon with Copper foil paper and Dazzling diamonds glimmer paper. The little hot air balloons were embossed with White embossing powder and Copper embossing powder on Vellum cardstock.


The sentiment was stamped on watercolor paper and I just did a little more scribbling with the pencils to add the watercolor effect. I punched the ends with the Banner Triple punch. Behind the watercolor paper, I added Copper thread to both cards. Then I finished off the cards with enamel dots on the blue card and sequins and lace trim on the pink card.


These are so pretty. I really need to make several more in some other colors!! How great would a rainbow of these cards look!


Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment