Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Mother's Day Pampering Gift Set

Hi Stampers! I had the pleasure of being a guest blogger on the Stampin' Up! corporate blog last week. In case you missed it, here is the post I shared.

Mother’s Day is coming up and I’ve put together a pretty manicure gift set for a mom or any amazing woman who could use a little pampering. I love putting gifts together in fun packaging and of course they must coordinate! But that’s easy to do by just making sure you have all the same elements on each item.



Do you have a few of the Mini Egg Cartons (item 142776) left over? Don’t let them go to waste. They are great gift holders for treats any time of the year. I decided to use them to hold little mini nail polishes. They fit perfectly!




I used some of the items available from the Eastern Palace Premier Bundle (item 147207) that is available now from the new 2017 – 2018 Annual Catalog. I decorated the outside of the carton with an Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper belly band. This gold paper is to die for. I will be using this up quickly! A 2 x 12-inch strip of this paper “just fits” around the carton. To be sure there is a little wiggle room to take the belly band on and off, I cut a small piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (item 101650) to use to glue the ends of the DSP together. This way the DSP can touch and you don’t have to overlap the paper to glue it. You also don’t have to worry about the seam because that will be covered by the medallion.



Then I added two medallions to the belly band using the new Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies. The large medallion was die cut in Basic Black cardstock (item 121045) and the smaller one uses the polka dot DSP from the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper.

 To make the larger medallion you will need to use one of the large Layering Circle Framelits Dies (item 141705) to cut it into a circle shape as shown below.



The medallion is decorated with flowers from the Jars of Love Stamp Set (item 141587). I stamped the flowers in Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin’ Pad (item 141395), Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin’ Pad  (item 126956)  and Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad on Whisper White Cardstock (item 100730). First I stamped off the image once on scrap paper which gives you the lighter color on the flowers. (For the Tranquil Tide flower, I stamped off twice on scrap paper before stamping on Whisper White Cardstock (item 100730)). The leaves were stamped in Lemon-Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad. This is already my new favorite color! I love this time of year when you can experiment mixing the old and new colors. The rest of the egg carton is decorated with a Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine (item 141682) bow and a gold tassel from the Mini Tassels Assortment.



Also included in this gift set is a Glassine Gift Bag (item 141700) filled with a nail file, lotion and manicure set. I die cut 2 additional medallions with the Gold Foil Sheets (item 132622) and Basic Black Cardstock (item 121045). I stamped and die cut another flower and a couple of leaves. I found the best way to adhere the leaves and flowers is to put Mini Glue Dots (item 103683) the back of each one and arrange them how you like.


And finally, is a card for these gifts. You can’t give a gift like this without a pretty card. Mom or any other woman deserves a pretty card. I decided to use one of the sentiments from All Things Thanks Stamp set (item 143097) as the focal point of the card. I stamped the sentiment with the Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad  (item 140931) on a die cut Whisper White Cardstock (item 100730) circle. I used another piece of the polka dot DSP and a strip of the gorgeous gold DSP from the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper for the background of the card. This was mounted on Basic Black Cardstock (item 121045) and then Whisper White Thick cardstock (item 140272). I then stamped and die cut more flowers. I used the same technique that was done for the egg carton and glassine bag. The two-step stamping with this set along with the coordinating dies make having multiples of an image quick and easy. The final touches for this card was another Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine (item 141682) bow and gold sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment (item 138390).

I hope you can see how using the same elements across all the projects makes everything look coordinated. I hope this inspires you to make coordinating gift sets!

Jennifer Sootkoos

2017 Artisan Design Team


1 comment:

  1. Love the mix of colours you've used for the card and gifts.

    ReplyDelete