Friday, October 7, 2016

September Swap


Happy Friday! Today I am sharing my swap for September. I guess this is the week of swaps, haha! After today I will be all caught up on sharing my swaps. Now I just need to get to work on my October swap. I had a lot of fun making these cards. Our theme for September was Fall/Halloween. I knew I wanted to do something with the cat image from Foxy Friends so I went with a Halloween card. How cute is that little cat!?!? My favorite part of the cat is the little bat she has on her ear. Can you see it? That bat is from the Home Sweet Home thinlits. I had quite a bit of die cutting on this card but it wasn't too bad. I saw a little trick to punch out the cat from scrap cardstock and use that as a template when stamping your images. That way you can punch everything out all at once. So that was definitely helpful in punching out those cats quickly.


As you can see I do have 2 slightly different cards here. My original one (on the right) uses the Fancy Frost sequins but as I was putting the swaps together I decided to go with the star sequins. I thought that gave it more of the effect of a nightime/Halloween card. Which one do you prefer?


I hope you enjoyed the week of swaps. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Stamps: Foxy Friends, Timeless Textures, Sweet Home
Paper: Black, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Archival Black, Smokey Slate, Pale Plum
Accessories: Home Sweet Home thinlits, Fox builder punch, metallic sequins, Crushed Curry bakers twine, Layering circle thinlits, Woodland embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment