Tuesday, October 4, 2016

July Swap


Happy Tuesday. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a nice weekend enjoying a wine festival at a local winery. Then the rest of the weekend was filled with boring household chores. I was able to sneak in some time to do some crafting. However, I can’t share any of that yet. I’ve actually been crafting up a storm lately and will be able to share it soon!! It’s some fun stuff. But in the meantime I will share some of the recent swaps I’ve done. I haven’t shared my swaps for July, August and September. We haven’t received ours for September yet so it will be a few days before I can share those. Today I will share the swaps for July. July’s theme was to CASE something from the catalog. My card was cased from page 74. I liked the idea of making a shaker card from the Everyday Jar framelits. I decided to use some of the Blooms and Blossoms DSP for the background where I cut out the mason jar. Then I just stamped and cut out a couple of flowers and leaves from the framelits. Since the rest of the card had minimal elements on it, I then cut out “you” from the Hello You thinlits. The sequins I used are from the June paper pumpkin kit. I loved the sequins in this kit (Of course)! I had ordered a couple of extra kits so I had LOTS of sequins!! YAY! One day my craft room is going to be completely decorated in sequins, haha!


I hope you enjoyed today’s card. Shaker cards are so much fun. They are a great way to make a simple card stand out. I hope you try to make some as well.

Stay tuned later in the week for August’s swap card. It is one of my favorites!

Take care!

Stamps: Jars of Love
Paper: Blooms and Blossoms DSP, Mint Macaroon, Flirty Flamingo
Ink: Archival Black, Flirty Flamingo, Tip Top Taupe, Emerald Envy
Accessories: Everyday Jar framelits, sequins (June 2016 Paper Pumpkin), Hello You thinlits

No comments:

Post a Comment