Thursday, October 20, 2016

Jar of Love - Christmas


Happy Thursday! So today is day 4 of the challenge and so far I'm doing good. :) Hopefully I can keep it up over the weekend. I have a cute project for you tomorrow that uses this month's Paper Pumpkin. It's such a fun kit this month. So for today's card I decided to use that same layout I did on the Jar of Love fall card and make it a christmas card. It would also work well for a winter birthday. If you look closely at the picture you can see I added some white snowflakes to the background. These were embossed with white embossing powder. I did them before stamping the green leaves but I now realize I should have stamped the leaves first then went around and did the snowflakes. But it worked out ok. I really love how you can use this set at any time of the year and still have a great looking card. At first glance you might just think it's for spring or summer but you really can make pretty cards for any time of year. Have I convinced you yet to get this set? This really is my favorite from the new catalog. And my other favorite on this card is the gold twine. This is like the best bow tying ribbon ever!!! This twine makes all of my bows look great! And one last thing to note is that the sentiment is from the Cookie Cutter Christmas set. The sentiment was really long but I just needed a small "merry christmas" so I used my black marker to color in merry christmas and stamped it on the red paper. So don't overlook those long sentiments, they may just have the couple of words you need.


See you soon!


Stamps: Jar of Love, Greetings from Santa (snowflakes), Cookie Cutter Christmas
Paper: Emerald Envy, Tip Top Taupe, Real Red, Serene Scenery DSP paper stack, Gold glimmer paper
Ink: Real Red, Emerald Envy, Versamark, Black
Accessories: Everyday Jar framelits, White embossing powder, Banner triple punch, Decorative dots embossing folder (retired), sequins (Paper Pumpkin kit), Baker's Twine trio pack (gold)

No comments:

Post a Comment