Friday, March 1, 2013

Bordering on Romance - wedding invites



Well I didn't expect it to be this long since I posted again. I had another card to share but I just haven't gotten around to posting it. I wanted to post it before Valentine's day since it was a Valentine's card but things just got really busy and I wasn't too excited how the card came out anyway. I still may try to post it soon. What was keeping me super busy (besides my 7 month old) was these wedding invitations I was working on for one of our friend's sister's wedding. Somehow I went crazy and said yes to making 125 of these pocketfold invites with coloring...ahhhh! It was a ton of work but I am very happy with how they came out. I was actually able to get them done in a months period of time which I didn't think was too bad either while taking care of a baby and working a full time job. But I am super glad that I'm finished and don't have to think about which part I'm going to tackle each night. These invites were a mix of MDS and stamping. The actual invite was designed in MDS, then I printed it and colored it in with pastels. All of the enclosures were done in Word and then I stamped the flower image from Bordering on Romance and colored those flowers in as well. Now that these are off my plate I hope to get back to stamping here and there so hopefully I'll have some more things to share with you in the future. Thanks for stopping by.




Stamps: Bordering on Romance
Paper: Marina Mist, Vanilla, Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Marina Mist
Accessories: Decorative Label Punch, MDS, Pastels

8 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, Beautiful wedding invitations. Could I ask the dimensions and how you cut the the "envelope" closure? Is the pocket scored and adhered with sticky strip? I volunteered to help a young friend make her invitations and she really liked yours, so I'm hoping to copy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin! Thanks for the compliment. If you could send me an email or give me your email address, I can give you some dimentions. It will be easier to write out in an email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I get the dimensions too? These a are just beautiful! My email is missmadstamper@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! May I PLEASE have the dimensions. My daughter is getting married! Bless your heart, for sharing such beautiful art!
    thank you,
    Brandy
    4lakgrl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I please have the dimensions also? Thanks :) Victoria Bray enchantingcardsandcrafts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are still giving out the dimensions for this invite, would you mind sharing them with me? kids2131@gmail.com Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’d love the dimensions too. I’m making my own invites!
    Jenniferboyle2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete