Thursday, April 19, 2012

Inspired by Nature - Retiring


Hi! So I got inspired yesterday to start using some retired stamps. This set is one of my favorites that is retiring. I haven't used it much lately but I love those flowers and the grass. This card is based on this card. I liked the idea of layering the flowers on top of the Hello Doily stamp. The background layer of this card if from an idea I saw by Connie Collins. She used the lace border punch to achieve the look of dry embossing. I didn't have that bunch so I used the Doily Punch and punched out several doilies in Pool Party and adhered them to another sheet of Pool Party. Then I sponged all around the edges. I stamped the flower image in Lucky Limeade, then I stamped it again using Poppy Parade and Chocolate Chip for the flowers. I cut the flowers out so they had some dimension. I also stamped the text image from French Foliage on top of the flowers for a little extra something. I used another image from French Foliage on the white piece and sponged that as well. Then I added some ribbon and a little tag with a sentiment from You're a Gem (another retiring set). I hope you enjoyed today's card and I hope it inspired you to bring out an older set you haven't used in a while. Have a great day!

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, You're a Gem, French Foliage, Hello Doily
Paper: Soft Suede, Pool Party
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits die, Crumb Cake Tafetta ribbon, 1 Inch Circle punch, Doily Triple Layer Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment